Innovation Acceleration  
  How We Think  
  Look into our strategic concepts and recreational creative endeavors  


what we do

how we think





contact us



Business is an interdisciplinary endeavor.  We are constantly being challenged to look for innovative ways to overcome problems and exploit opportunities.  Below you can see some of the thoughts expressed by us and others that have provided some seeds for our initiatives to help our clients get results they need.

Expectations and Loyalty

Life is largely a matter of expectation - Horace

Expectation is a resentment waiting to happen - Anonymous

Expectation is the root of all heartache - Shakespeare

Good is not good when better is expected - Thomas Fuller

In general, today, customer loyalty is a myth - Andrew Sikula Sr.

Customers do not buy products or services so much as they buy expectations - Ted Levitt

Trust and advocacy come from met expectations - Michael Weissman

Expectations Are Difficult to Meet

One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations tend to rise above that which is expected - George W. Bush

The more 'successful' you are, the higher and higher the expectations become, the more suspicious people are of you and the more criticism you receive." - John Wooden

You're only as good as your last mistake - Patty Jensen

Expectations are like gases. Without constraints, they expand indefinitely - Michael Weissman

Nonreciprocal laws of expectations: Negative expectations yield negative results. Positive expectations yield negative results

In this atmosphere, investors develop rising expectations of what their invested savings ought to earn and the rising prices in financial markets gradually diverge from the underlying economic reality - William Greider

Newton's Fourth Law: Every action has an equal and opposite satisfaction 

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take Hofstadter's Law into account.

Gray's Law of Programming: `n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same time as `n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law: `n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as `n' trivial tasks.

Ninety-ninety rule of project schedules: The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90%.

The majority of us who are caught up in the faster economic flow are under pressure - to meet deadlines, to perform, to be available, to grasp opportunities, to meet the rising expectations of our families, to compete. - Breda O'Brien

Being Valued

Excellence is rarely found, more rarely valued - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

All your youth you want to have your greatness taken for granted; when you find it taken for granted, you are unnerved - Elizabeth Bowen

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted - Aldous Huxley

What you do can potentially make your valuable. But only a customer determines whether you are valued - Dave Mosby

Look and you will find it. What is unsought will go undetected - Sophocles

Kauffman's paradox of the corporation: The less important you are to the corporation, the more your tardiness or absence is noticed

Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations. - Edward de Bono

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - value comes from buyers, not sellers - Michael Weissman



news & views

Executives agree
The Paradox of Excellence
is a "must read"!

Garry Betty, CEO, Earthlink
"A must read for every business leader."
Bill Glavin, 
retired Vice-Chairman, Xerox
"A must read  . . ."
Ron Okamoto, VP Apple
"Definitely worth reading  . . ."
Paul Witkay, Founder, Alliance of CEOs
"An important book  . . ."
Jackie Meyer, Marketing Director, Qualcomm
"A must read"
more views . . .
more news . . .

Buy the book  Copyright 2005 Fresh Perspectives Legal